Dragon fruit is a lesser known fruit but it is nevertheless a nutrient packed and yummy source of vitamins. Here are some reasons you should consider giving Dragon Fruit a try:
- It is naturally free of fat and low in calories. This makes it an excellent snack that you can munch on between meals.
- It is high in fiber and this keeps you full for longer, thus preventing you from overeating.
- It contains probiotics. Probiotics are extremely vital as they help in keeping your gut healthy and free from bacteria. Dragon fruit contains the probiotics lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. These help the good bacteria found in your intestine to fight against disease causing viruses.
- Dragon fruit can help you to strengthen your immune system. Dragon fruit is rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants which gives a boost to your immune system.
- Dragon fruit is rich in iron and our body needs iron to produce energy.
Dragon fruit is a safe to eat food but if you turn out to be allergic to Dragon fruit, the symptoms would be swelling of tongue or vomiting. Consult a doctor if needed.
Each serving of Dragon fruit contains around 4 milligrams of vitamin C, 31 milligrams of Calcium , 1 gram of iron and 68 milligrams of Magnesium.