What is rava idli?
South Indian dish rava idli are steamed cake made with semolina, yogurt and vegetables combined with pulses and spices which is a light, healthy and ideal breakfast recipe. Rava idli is not just healthy but also easy to prepare. They are a good source of protein, carbs and are low in calorie content.
2 cups of rava
1 cup of curd
1 small bowl of chopped capsicum
Water required as per consistency
Salt as per taste
2 chopped green chilies
½ tablespoon of Oil
¼ tablespoon of Mustard seeds
½ tablespoon of chana daal
½ tablespoon of split urad daal
1 tablespoon of cashews
5-6 fresh curry leaves
How to make-
- Take rawa in a bowl and add curd in it. Mix them well and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Till then chop capsicum, green chilies and grate the carrot. You can add other vegetables also of your choice.
- Take a pan and add oil in it. Let the oil heat then add mustard seeds, curry leaves, chopped green chilies, chana daal and split urad daal and sauté until daal turns golden. Add cashews until they turn golden too.
- After 15 minutes add chopped vegetables and the seasoning on top mix them well. Add water to make the consistency of idli and then add salt as per the taste.
- Take your idli mould, grease it with oil.
- Pour the idli batter in the mould and put it into the steamer on the low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn off the flame.
- Let it cool down for 2-3 minutes and with the help of a moist spoon demould the rava idli.
- Serve idli with green chutney or coconut chutney.