Our body demands care and after 40, the changes we see are a rude shock. The belly hangs, losing weight is tough, you feel bloated and certain foods don’t digest well.
Nutritionist Bhakti Arora Kapoor in her recent interview penned certain facts, “As we age, our bodies go through many changes that can be difficult to navigate. In our 40’s and beyond, these changes become more pronounced and challenging to manage. Do you feel your midnight snacks are sticking a bit longer? Well, you aren’t wrong. As our oestrogen levels decrease, our bodies tend to store more fat.”
Tips to keep fitter and look your best;
- BALANCED DIET- eat a balanced plate with colorful fruits and veggies. This provides all essential nutrients your body needs.
- HYDRATION- Water keeps our skin looking healthy, aids digestion and keeps the energy up.
- BONE HEALTH- Diary, leafy green and sunlight, keep your bones strong and keeps depression at bay. Must go out in the sun.
- MINDFUL EATING- You need to balance those calories. Think before you eat, try portion control.
- SELF-CARE- prioritize oneself. Do what you like, pamper yourself. Just don’t run around in circles to please others.
- EXERCISE- A healthy diet along with exercise takes care of our metabolism and reduces stress.
- METABOLIC BOOST-eat only when hungry, listen to your body, don’t binge eat. Its also important to eat in time, the latter you eat, the more difficult it is for food to be digested.